4-Nights Vancouver & Gulf Islands Walking & Hiking Tour
Charming Victoria to British Columbia's Enchanted Islands
Spend your days exploring the lush cedar woods and pristine shores of Canada’s west coast and your evenings unwinding in luxurious waterside abodes. There’s no rush to do the next thing—let the calm island life invite you to savor the moment. Raise a glass before peaceful views of Ganges Harbor. Explore the world-renowned Butchart Gardens. Walk the rocky coastlines of Salt Spring Island and watch the horizon unfold.
4 nights from $3899 per person
British culture and island informality collide in Victoria. This sophisticated seaside city is full of historic sites, parks and gardens. Take a walking tour - many of which begin at Parliament Buildings at Victoria's Inner Harbor. Combined with majestic Empress Hotel, these monumental buildings give the city a regal European feel. See equally impressive modern structures, such as Royal British Columbia History Museum, or replicas of large, native Northwest Indian houses at Thunderbird Park. Unique attractions include Undersea Gardens, Miniature World, Maritime Museum, Chinatown and Royal London Wax Museum. A memorable places to visit is world-famous Butchart Gardens, with 5,000 fauna varieties. The dazzling gardens on Saanich Inlet are beautiful at night, when hundreds of lights sparkle along winding paths. Additional gardens in Victoria include Crystal Garden and the gardens surrounding Government House and near Craigdarroch Castle, a towering Victorian mansion complete with a tower and turrets. Tour this city in a horse-drawn carriage.
Salt Spring Island
Salt Spring Island is located just east of Vancouver Island. According to the 2011 Census, it was reported an estimate of 10,234 inhabitants are currently residing in the area. There is so much see and do in Salt Spring Island, enjoy a visit to the Cheese Company where you will learn about the process and even have the chance to taste homemade cheese and jam. There are also plenty of sightseeing tours, water activities and other walking tours that take you across town to visit the abundance of wineries in the area.
Valid Travel Dates
- 4-nights hotel accommodations in Premiere Hotels
- Meals: All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Hike coastal, field and forested trails on Salt Spring Island, jewel of the southern Gulf Islands
- Taste exquisite British Columbian wines from the fertile Cowichan Valley, known as the Napa North, and dine on farm-fresh island cuisine
- Watch for porpoises, bald eagles, orcas and humpback whales on a private zodiac cruise
- Embrace the slow island life kept by artisans and farmers here and rejuvenate at our Relais & Châteaux resort
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Holiday Cruises & Tours
7702 E Doubletree Ranch Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.