6-Nights Jewels of Alaska - Preview (2022)
Jewels Of Alaska - Preview 2022
Welcome to Alaska. A haven for nature lovers, this US state is home to sweeping landscapes, calving glaciers and spectacular national parks. While here you'll have the opportunity to explore the iconic Denali National Park and to immerse yourself in its natural beauty, which is abundant in wildlife and breathtaking views. You'll have a range of stylish transportation options to see you through your trip, with the second half of your journey on board your Holland America cruise ship.
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum, a venue dedicated to studying and exploring the land, people, art and history of Alaska.
- Alaskan Railroad: For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a local brewery or your lodge's restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Whittier: Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy lunch.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Anchorage: Enjoy an exclusive presentation on making Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) by Alaska's first people during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Talkeetna: Enjoy an included Jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Denali: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Denali: Meet the champion dog team of four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 km) dogsled race and enjoy lunch at his home.
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Anchorage on an included city tour.
- Matanuska Valley: Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
- Alaskan Railroad: Enjoy a relaxed start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaskan Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, towards Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Prince William Sound: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overse
6 nights from $2925 per person
Supplier: Insight Vacations
Located at the upper end of Cook Inlet in the Gulf of Alaska, Anchorage is Alaska's largest community. This popular tourist destination and crossroads for global air travel is only minutes away from the recreational areas bordering the Gulf of Alaska.
Talkeetna offers the traveler a look at the real Alaska as well as the best
view of Mt McKinley. Reached year round by car, railroad and airplane, it is
a unique town that has been almost untouched by commercialism. Mountain climbers
from all over the world leave from here to climb McKinley and add an international
flavor to the town during the summer months. Winter visits to the area are becoming
increasingly popular, offering dog sledding, Northern Lights viewing and snowmobiling.
Denali National Park
Denali National Park and Preserve defines the Alaskan Experience. Towering above it all is Mt. McKinley, the highest point in North America. At 20,320 feet, its summit beckons more than 1,000 climbers each year who brave the elements for the chance to scale its majestic face. Denali encompasses 6 million acres of forests, tundra, glaciers and mountains. Moose, caribou, sheep and bears free to roam a wide area of land untouched by man. There are ample opportunities for animal watching, whether it is a grizzly foraging for berries or a golden eagle soaring through the crisp, clean Alaskan air. Denali is one of the few places where visitors come in contact with the Alaskan tundra - a "vast, rolling, treeless plain." The tundra starts at 2,500 feet and extends up along the massive Alaska Range. Muldrow Glacier, which descends 16,000 feet from the upper slopes of Mt. McKinley, comes within one mile of the road.
Alyeska is a gorgeous place to visit even summer time. It is nested nicely in Girdwood, between the mountains and close to Turnagain Arm. It is one of the few (only maybe) places to downhill ski and at the same time look at the sea, even maybe whales. There is so much to do in Alyeska, from golf, to mountain baking, to glacier hiking. Hike up to Alyeska Mt during summer. If desired, take a tram, but hiking is fun and the view is spectacular.
Valid Travel DatesDeparture Dates:FromUntilFrom Price5/16/20225/22/2022$2925pp5/23/20225/29/2022$2992pp6/6/20226/12/2022$3325pp6/13/20226/19/2022$3325pp6/27/20227/3/2022$3325pp7/4/20227/10/2022$3325pp7/11/20227/17/2022$3325pp7/18/20227/24/2022$3325pp7/25/20227/31/2022$3325pp8/1/20228/7/2022$3325pp8/8/20228/14/2022$3325pp8/15/20228/21/2022$3325pp8/29/20229/4/2022$3325pp9/5/20229/11/2022$2992ppPrices Start at:$2925Number of Nights:6Air City:Featured offer is land only. Call us for low airfares from your city!Vacation Rating:Remarks:Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space. Itinerary, description and inclusions subject to change; inquire for details at the time of booking.Offer ID:1395540
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Holiday Cruises & Tours
7702 E Doubletree Ranch Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.