10-night Antarctica and Climate Change Cruise
The Signature Collection – Exclusive Amenities
The Signature Collection Sailings offer Exceptional Value and Exclusive Amenities.
- $500 per Couple Shipboard Credit
*Applies to new bookings made on or after July 16, 2018.
In May 2011, L'Austral joined PONANT's fleet. This superb mega-yacht with 132 staterooms is the result of the expertise of the Italian Fincantieri shipyard and French sophistication, as interpreted by designer Jean-Philippe Nuel. L'Austral remains faithful to our philosophy - to create a unique atmosphere, a subtle blend of luxury, intimacy and well-being.
A sleek silhouette softened by elegantly smooth contours and large, arched windows opening up to the sea and the light: so many features come together to give L'Austral her distinctive shape. Precious materials, discreet elegance and a perfect balance between chic and casual, combine to make you feel as if you are on your own private yacht. A design blending tradition and innovation, where a nautical mood has been subtly recreated. A welcoming atmosphere of relaxed sophistication revolves around shades of grey, taupe, white and ivory enlivened by touches of cinnamon, caramel and tan.. So many personal touches create the spirit of a "private yacht."
You will encounter unique itineraries, calls inaccessible to large ships, chic and elegant yacht-like ambiance, refined and personalized service as well as gastronomic cuisine.
FREE Unlimited WiFi is available on board all Ponant ships.*
*Internet access may be slower or in some situations interrupted, depending on certain geographic locations or circumstances beyond Ponant's control.
- Discovering the wonders of the world
- Lectures and discussions with New York Times science writers:
- "The State of the Cryosphere", "The Corrosive Ocean", "Fixing the Climate" by Henry Fountain
- "The Little Known Southern Ocean", "Boom and Bust: how New England sealers drove the Antarctic fur seal close to extinction", "Penguins: the evolution and future of the world's most iconic flightless birds" by James Gorman.
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection...
- Hiking opportunity
- Visiting research stations and former whaling stations
- Landscapes: a multitude of drifting icebergs, ice floes, imposing glaciers and tall, snow-covered mountains
- Wildlife: humpback whales, Gentoo penguins, Adelie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals, Weddell seals and numerous sea birds
- Economy class flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and back to Buenos Aires, accommodations at Hotel Akarur, select meals on land, and select excursion on land before the cruise
- Transfers and luggage handling from the Ushuaia airport to the hotel and from hotel to the ship
- Gratuities to guides and drivers on included excursions
- Comprehensive 10-night cruise aboard the deluxe L’Austral, with all the amenities for which Ponant ships are famous.
- Transfer from the ship to airport in Ushuaia at the end of the cruise.
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.
All prices per person and in USD unless otherwise stated.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.
Holiday Cruises & Tours
8502 E. Via de Ventura
Scottsdale, AZ 85258